Affiliate programs popular in December. Catch the holiday vibes
Feel the holiday vibes? We do. And we also feel those profit vibes!
We’re ready to share a selection of the best-selling Christmas niches and products. You’ll also learn about some offbeat products and services to promote this period. Last but not least, we’ll give you a bunch of tips on earning even more during these profit-promising days.
Let’s get down to discussing how to get the maximum from traffic in December.
Christmas and New Year: what we usually expect…
First of all, people will decorate their homes, offices, and themselves. X-Mas trees, fireworks, garlands, and ornaments will be in great demand. And here you come into play with your offerings.
Have a look for small specialized stores in the affiliate program catalog (e.g., using keywords in search). Or drive traffic to marketplaces and large chains like Leroy Merlin.
Gifts. This is where you can let yourself run free. Gift cards, home stuff, specialty products, home appliances, devices, gift sets (can be a universal option), toys, books, jewelry—select a vertical depending on your target audience to tailor your offerings to people’s needs.
By the way, December is the leading month for purchases of electronic gadgets for home entertainment like TVs, gaming consoles, GPUs. On the other hand, fridges don’t see much interest in December.
Holiday attributes will be eagerly sought-after. Consider food and grocery delivery (far-sighted people tend to order everything beforehand), company party food delivery, fancy clothes and shoes (target both premium and mass-market brands), and jewelry.
Most people don’t spend Christmas night at home. With this in mind, promote accommodation booking services (hotels out of town, cabins) and car rentals.
…and what you aren’t likely to expect
Think outside the box, starting with what your audience needs.
If you keep a wine blog, consider devices and products that would spark your followers’ interest: Electric bottle opener, wine puzzles, or wine tasting coupons.
Seek inspiration in gift selections across various verticals. By the way, it can be a great idea to create such a collection (e.g., 10 best Christmas gifts for wine enthusiasts) and deploy some affiliate links into it.
The year 2022 is the Year of the Water Tiger, according to the Chinese Zodiac. Brainstorm related gifts (why not promote inflatable pools?).
Pre-Christmas traffic generation tips
- Christmas and New Year are very demanding periods. Go with trusted, reliable business models, such as content marketing (blog and website texts), SEO, email newsletters, contextual ads for trendy queries (e.g., gift ideas for a mother/daughter/friend/colleague/dog).
- If you’re a media buyer, don’t spare money to purchase traffic: be ready to invest more than in a quieter time. We bet you’ll recoup it.
- Let your users assist you in content creation. User-generated content can be your ally. Invite people to tell you what they’ll give their close ones, what cool gifts they received, and what they dream of. Compile such comments into texts, collections, and social media posts, and reward authors of the best ideas to improve loyalty.
- Drive traffic to marketplaces where one can buy everything in one place. Convenience for users, profit for publishers.
- Create special one-pagers with holiday goods. For example, design a landing page with a variety of gift sets.
- Consider the wholesale format. X-Mas trees are usually purchased in bunches (e.g., to decorate office spaces).
- Competition among the publishers is very tense during the pre-holiday period. Offer deals, cashback, gifts, value terms (e.g., faster delivery): do everything you can to stand out from the crowd.
- Zhuzh up your online store. Create special holiday sections (e.g., add a “Christmas shop” button), add filters and hashtags so users can find the products they need.
- Create a festive mood with catchy website and ad design. Don’t limit yourself to a red-nose old man. Go stylish and elegant to draw attention and be original. Get inspired by good cases.
- Make your website mobile-friendly. When holidays are almost at the threshold, people hurry to buy everything asap, so mobile traffic will grow.
Other profitable December verticals
A long holiday spree is coming. These days, people are ready to spend a fortune, buy some household stuff, and have a great time with their significant others. Consider promoting interior, hobby, sports, and health products.
Days of great deals will come to various countries in December. (Yes, November is not the only month of great sales).
Green Monday, a major retail sale in Europe, the UK, and the US, falls on December 13 this year. Discounted electronics, apparel, and children’s goods will hit the charts. They’ll have it all.
China is going to host another great event. December 12, or 12.12, is a discount festival that takes a leaf out of 11.11. Long story short, focus on Chinese stores.
In Israel, Hanukkah ends in December, and Indian Christians will also celebrate Christmas. Yet another noteworthy holiday, National Ugly Sweater Day, is celebrated on December 17. Join the party and promote sweaters with reindeer!
We wish you fruitful preparations and snowfalls of traffic!